Memex Inc. Releases Q1 – 2016 Results with Fourth Consecutive Quarter of Revenue Growth
Burlington, ON, Canada – February 22, 2016 – Memex Inc. (“Memex” or the “Company”) (TSX-V: OEE) a global leader in Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) manufacturing productivity software, today released its financial results and operational highlights for its first quarter of fiscal 2016 which ended December 31, 2015. All results are reported in Canadian dollars.
Financial Highlights for the First Quarter Ended December 31, 2015:
- Memex generated record quarterly revenue of $614 thousand, $113 thousand higher than the same period in the prior year, and 7% higher than the fourth quarter of 2015. The Company also marked its fourth consecutive quarter of revenue growth.
- Memex produced gross margin of $375 thousand, 27% higher than the same quarter in the prior year.
- Unearned revenue of $482 thousand closed the quarter down $100 thousand from the Company’s record high of $582 thousand at the end of Q4-2015.
- Memex’s sales force turned in $876 thousand in product bookings[i] for the quarter, 58% or $320 thousand more than Q4-2015.
- The Company showed a $641 thousand net and comprehensive loss for the quarter equating to a $0.007 loss per share. This compares with a $461 thousand net and comprehensive loss in the same quarter last year, and a similar $0.007 loss per share.
Q1 Fiscal 2016 and Subsequent Operational Highlights:
- Memex bolstered its sales and marketing infrastructure with the addition of a VP Marketing and three new US-based sales representatives. In January 2016 the Company also added a Director of Manufacturing Excellence to accelerate MERLIN adoption by larger high-potential existing customers.
- On October 27-29 and November 3-5 at DISCOVER 2015 (Mazak Corporation’s Technology and Education event), MERLIN software along with hardware from information technology (IT) leader Cisco Systems, Inc. was showcased in an industry-first collaborative platform called SmartBox. The launch took place in front of metalworking managers and C-level executives. The co-promotion with Mazak and Cisco led to multiple media stories, blogs, and videos mainly in manufacturing trade press.
- In December Memex received significant new orders from Aero Pacific Corporation in Placentia, CA. (30 MERLIN licenses and 28 MTConnect hardware adapters), and Homeyer Precision Manufacturing Co. in Marthasville, MO (23 licenses and 9 hardware adapters).
- On January 18th, Memex was profiled in the National Post’s Entrepreneur section with the headline “Memex wins over industry giants.” The article explained how eight focused years of work on strategic partnerships resulted in successes with multinational giants Cisco and Mazak.
- In February Memex received a substantial follow-on order from Kuss Filtration Inc. for 43 MERLIN licences as part of a multi-plant roll-out in the US, China, and Brazil.
Memex’s President & CEO David McPhail stated, “The Industrial Internet of Things, or IIoT, represents the next industrial revolution, and Memex’s flagship software product MERLIN is planted squarely in the middle of this manufacturing mega-trend. Our latest quarterly results, representing our fourth consecutive quarter of growth strongly indicate that manufacturers around the world see the value of our unique combination of industrial connectivity and analytics to drive productivity and profit. I want to thank our customers for their trust and our employees for their hard work to achieve these results.”
About Memex Inc.
Memex is a leading Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) technology platform provider that delivers real-time manufacturing productivity analytics. Industrial strength MERLIN software provides Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) efficiency metrics in real time, from shop-floor-to-top-floor. Specifically, MERLIN delivers a 10%-50% average productivity increase, and earns 20%-plus profit improvement based on just a 10% increase in OEE. It consistently achieves payback in less than four months with an Internal Rate of Return (IRR) greater than 300%, and connects to any machine, old or new, utilizing native MTConnect, other protocols or MERLIN hardware adapters for older machines. For more information, please visit: www.MemexOEE.com
For investor inquiries please contact:
David McPhail, President & CEO
Ed Crymble, Chief Financial Officer
905-635-1540 ext. 110
Sean Peasgood, Investor Relations
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation services provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
[i] This non-IFRS financial measure is identified, defined and reconciled to the closest IFRS measure, revenue, within our Management’s Discussion and Analysis for the three month periods ended December 31, 2015 and 2014, in the section “Other Financial Measures.” That MD&A is available at www.sedar.com under our company profile.